Baton Rouge Cardiology Center Message to our Patients and Families:
March 16, 2020
Our number one priority is to keep you healthy and safe. Baton Rouge Cardiology Center will remain open for our patients and community during this time. Unless contacted by your physician’s office, your appointment will go as scheduled.
With our patients, visitors, and their families, as well as our physicians and staff, at the center of everything we do, we would like to take the time to address concerns about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the steps we are taking in our clinics and offices to do everything possible to keep our patients and the people who care for them safe and healthy.
Enhanced Safety Measures
We have elderly patients, as well as those who are at a higher risk. Please do not come into our office if any of the following applies:
- If you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- In the last 14 days, if you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, someone under investigation for COVID-19 or are ill with a respiratory illness.
- If you live in a community where there have been multiple confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- If you visited Orleans Parish or Jefferson Parish in the past 14 days.
- If you traveled internationally within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission
To minimize the risk of infection to all of our patients and staff, we are asking that patients coming for appointments be accompanied by no more than one adult family member or caregiver.
Effective 3/18/2020: We are making every attempt to maintain recommended social distancing in our offices. The best way we feel to do this is that patients and visitors will have now have the option to check in at our front desk upon arrival and then wait in their vehicle until contacted by cell phone to enter the building. At this time, this applies only to our office at 5231 Brittany Drive in Baton Rouge.
*Please note: All COVID-19 testing is being coordinated by health departments. These tests are not available to us.
If you are looking for general information about COVID-19, visit cdc.gov/coronavirus