Patient COVID-19 Guidelines
Updated June 11, 2020
To protect our patients, visitors and staff, all individuals will have their temperatures taken upon entering the office.
Enhanced Safety Measures
We have elderly patients, as well as those who are at a higher risk.
- If your temperature exceeds 99.5, you will be asked to leave and return once you are symptom free.
- Visitors must also answer the following questions:
- Do you have a fever or above normal temperature?
- Have you experienced shortness of breath or had trouble breathing?
- Do you have a dry cough?
- Do you have a runny nose?
- Have you recently lost or had a reduction in your sense of smell?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
- Have you traveled outside the United States by air or cruise ship in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled within the United States by air, bus or train within the past 14 days?
Patient & Visitor Policy
Patients coming for appointments are limited to one adult family member or caregiver per patient per day.
We are making every attempt to maintain recommended social distancing in our offices. The best way we feel to do this is that patients and visitors will now have the option to check in at our front desk upon arrival and then wait in their vehicle until contacted by cell phone to enter the building. At this time, this applies only to our office at 5231 Brittany Drive in Baton Rouge.